First week of the body cleanse...

At first glance this just seems insane to me, but I am also seeing some benefits, as well as warning signs. I don't think I would recommend this kind of cleanse to anyone without consulting a doctor first. To give you an idea, I will cover a number of things that I am noticing...

First, an intense craving for mexican food. Sure I am craving Ph#7903 every day... but that is not abnormal for me. However, I have a dream now of a bean and chicken chimichanga with refried beans and rice (including tomatoes of course), and a big ass margarita... ideally that says "Big Ass Margarita" on the glass. This craving extends to pretty much everything that comes in a box, bag, or any food which could be artfully presented at a potluck gathering.

I am also noticing dramatic changes in my weight. I could lose 15 pounds, and I was hoping to do that over a year. I decided to weigh myself twice a day to make certain that I don't lose more than 5 pounds in the month. However, in the first two days I gained weight... 3 pounds to be certain... so I skipped stepping on the scale for a few days because I wanted to not focus on the weight. However, I weighed myself two days ago (day 6) and not only lost the 3 pounds, but an additional 8 pounds too. Holy crap! For the last two days I have been eating as much as I can stand... yep, still losing about 2 pounds a day. So I am really freaking out, and trying to eat more frequent meals, etc..

The first week was terrible for my energy. Now that I am over the first week, I am excited to say that it appears that the first week was the easy one. I was running about 20 miles a week, and now I am somewhere around 10-12. My blood sugar just drops through the floor and my feet just stop. I am fine for about an hour or so after each meal, and then suddenly not so fine.

I'm also a bit more reclusive. Being social seems a bit of a task... energy? Since I am very outgoing, this just puts me into the normal category I believe. Still, these next weeks will be a wonder!

The positives? Spiritually, I am feeling more and less focused at the same time. My mind seems more open, more aware, and yet all over the map. Today, I feel more focused... like my mind is being sharpened and honed as a tool. Physically... not so much.

Comments

Popular Posts